Plans to revitalize the former Stuart’s plaza are under way on Hartford Avenue (Route 6A) in Johnston, RI. The demolition of the existing blighted, long empty buildings on the site marks the first step in the revitalization. The developer’s vision for the site intends to put the center of town back on the map. The plans for the center include retail shops, restaurants, a bank, and a hotel.
The project will cost over $40 million to bring the concept to completion. The developer of the site, Jeff Saletin of Saletin Real Estate Group anticipates that the project will create some 350 construction jobs, and up to 400 new permanent jobs once completed.
The project is currently in the regulatory permitting process with the Town of Johnston. DiPrete Engineering is providing the following services for the development:
• Boundary Line and Existing Conditions Surveying
• Site Engineering and Planning
• Town of Johnston Regulatory Permitting
• RI Department of Environmental Management Wetland Permitting
• RIDOT Physical Alteration Permit Approvals